Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I Need More Than One Blog

I've been bothered by something lately: I'm like any real person - I've got secrets. What's bothering me is that most of those secrets I could share with some people, who could be trusted not to open their big fat mouths because for the most part they don't KNOW the people that I'm keeping secrets from. This goes both ways. There are things that I'd happily tell my mother that I don't want to share with my boss; there's things I'd tell my ex-wife that I don't need rattling around in my geeky-card-game buddies' heads. I've got stuff going on in my life that I'd love to journal about, but I can't, because virtually everyone I know comes here one time or another.

So if my blog sometimes seems flippant and shallow, it's not because I'm flippant and shallow. Okay, I am, but try to remember there's more to me than I'm broadcasting to the Earth.

3 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Blogger Siochain said...

Flippant and shallow is much better than dark and twisty. More flippant, I say!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger cenobyte said...

I prefer dark and twisty, but end up with flippant and shallow, and then people who *aren't* flippant get all "you're very shallow, did you know that?" on me, and then I have to rever to dark and twisty with one of those "yes, but you can still drown in two inches of water!" on their asses.

I think all the flippant and shallow people of the world should unite and overthrow the government. Then we can all stand around in parliament and say "No...fucking...way." to each other until someone comes to collect us.

P.S. You can tell me all your secrets. I don't know you at all (I don't think), and even if I did, I'd forget those secrets and then they'd end up in some famously famous novel I'd written, but attributed to someone nothing like you...perhaps someone more like Reveen.

P.P.S. Melfing is a lot like vomiting, but it involves more descriptive smells and sounds.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger cenobyte said...

(sigh)
revert. They have to revert. Not rever.

You'd think, being an editor by trade, I'd have caught that one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home