Thursday, October 19, 2006

All In All, A Pleasant Experience

The other night I went straight from work to the Cineplex at Sunridge to watch the Flames play the Habs on 50-foot pay-per-view. It was great. There were about 15 people in the theater all told, and I spent about 45 minutes dancing like a fool in the empty aisle behind my seat to the music on my RCA NotPod, while waiting for the pre-game show to wind down. Franz Ferdinand is pretty awesome.

The Flames were defeated after putting up a reasonably competent and certainly fun-to-watch struggle, and after the game it was away home to answer my emails and phone messages, then off to Classic Jacks for one last beer with the guys who'd been watching the game there. Then off to SimicDude's [not his real name] place to play cards until very very late at night.

Best date I've been on in ages, save for the absence of an actual girl.

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

Dude, if your idea of a smooth date is hockey at the cineplex, beer with the guys, and cards, the absence of the girl is not entirely surprising. Snoogins. I'm a fan of - walk in the trendy shopping district followed by indie romantic comedy at the art-house theatre and wrap it up with dessert at the trendy dessert place, but hey, my wife tells me what we're doing on our dates, so whatever.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger K. Donovan said...

Well my point was more along the lines of "dancing + entertainment + drinks" and the card-playing was mostly incidental. But whatever. Enjoy being trendy.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Jenn & Owen said...

If I was trendy, I would'nt be driving Lucy, I'd be driving a Prius named Jessica.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home