Monday, August 14, 2006

Two Movies, Two Countries

I have seen two horror movies in the last three days.

One of them is good. The other is not.

"Pulse" is about how the Internet, text messaging, and so forth are dehumanizing communication, slowly robbing us of our very souls and condemning us to an empty world where everything is connected but nothing holds meaning. It's interesting how one can become emotionally disconnected from people when one's only contact with them is digital. One can almost forget that they're human, have feelings, and might be frightfully hurt by your flippant, offhand remark. Even family aren't immune. Even phone calls aren't enough, apparently.

"The Descent" is about some people who get lost in the dark and eaten by scary monsters.

Oddly, "Pulse" is the one that's a hackneyed, predictable pile of donkey poop. "The Descent," on the other hand, is British. Hmm.

That's about all I have to say about that.

In other news, it seems that Our Dear Neighbours To The South have run up a considerable (by which I mean $830 billion) current account deficit. Meanwhile, we ourselves are sitting on a hefty $25 billionish surplus.

I'll get back to you on what that means after I finish An Introduction to International Political Economy, which I didn't bother reading when I was actually taking the class it applied to. I feel kind of guilty now, especially since I got an A minus. Progress reports will be forthcoming as they become worthwhile.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Siochain said...

Heee.... Donkey poop. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home